Last week Kalyani Menon Sen, a citizen, and petitioner in the Aadhaar case sent a legal notice to the Government of Kerala which has made Aadhaar mandatory for all state government jobs. We are issuing a joint statement supporting this action
Malayalam Morphological Analyser
- Spell checker API based on Malayalam morphological analyzer started developing as per the draft plan. The unstable API is available for testing.
- We did an attempt to list down all forms of Malayalam word ചിരി and feed all of them to morphology analyser to see how much the analyser can parse.
- Jishnu Mohan released Indic Keyboard v2.1. See the changes here. The app can be updated from Play Store.
- F-Droid build will be out soon.
- Version 2.1 introduced support for Santali script, added missing characters, updates in layouts and bug fixes.
- Indic keyboard migrated to new address.
Firefox Rocket is available in Malayalam
Mozilla's new lightweight browser for smart mobile phones, Firefox Rocket is fully localized to Malayalam. The effort was carried out by Anish Sheela, Balasankar C, Mujeeb B and Hrishikesh K B.
SMC Code of Conduct for Contributors
Contributor Code of Conduct was added to SMC projects and can be found here.
- Keyman typing tool is open source now. The latest version, Keyman Desktop 10.0 is available now. A tutorial on how to type Malayalam in Mozhi transliteration scheme using Keyman can be found here.
- Based on 2011 census data, Government of India published ' Data on Language and Mother Tongue'. It can be found here.
- Proposal to encode the END OF TEXT MARK for Malayalam: https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2018/18015-malayalam-end-text-mark.pdf
- There is a proposal to change the name to Malayalam Pushpika: https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2018/18034-malayalam-pushpika-name-chg.pdf
- Kerala Designers Collaborative (KDCo) rolled out second season of #30daysofMalayalamLetters